You must have a valid referral from your GP or specialist if you wish to claim the Medicare rebate from your payment.
A valid referral can be for 12 months from your General Practitioner or 3 months from your specialist. If you have no valid referral you will be liable for the entire payment of services. Invalid referrals cannot be modified after the appointment at our rooms.
A valid referral will contain:
- Name of doctor you wish to consult, with the requested service.
- Requests for tests addressed to a specific doctor or an unspecific doctor.
- Name, Provider number and address of the referring practitioner is mandatory.
- The referral must be signed and dated.
- The above also applies to public hospital doctors referring patients for inpatient and outpatient care.
If you have a referral from your GP to consult one of our specialists or take a test please fill in your information below, scan and upload your form below.